Sunday, February 04, 2007

These are some of the images from our day trip into the Lake District at the weekend. The first is Shap Abbey, a ruin dating back to the 12th century, dedicated to St Mary Magdalene. It was closed in 1540 by King Henry VIII.

The next two photographs are of Haweswater Reservoir (as is the last, but more of that later). I made one black and white to give a different feel, but it was a beautiful if maybe "over-sunny" day for taking photos and the setting was magnificent.


The fourth photo is of Ullswater, later in the day on the way home. By now I sensed a little bit of boredom from Gill & Rachel, but they said nothing. I think they were still enjoying the journey, but were sick of me stopping at various places to grab shots.

Anyway, on to the the last, and the other photo from Haweswater. It is actually four images all merged into one panoramic photograph. I moved the camera a little to the right for four consecutive shots and later used the Photomerge option in Photoshop. This is the one that really made the day for me. The colours are rich and vibrant and give a real sense of the beauty that is the Lake District at its best. My favourite of them all.









2 comments:

hotfish said...

Ohhh, I need to get Photoshop, then? ;)

*BB* said...

WOW! They are incredible Paul! Well worth pissing off your wife and daughter to stop for lol. Aren't photographers families saints?

Blog Archive

About Me

I am married to Gillian, and we have a 8 year old daughter.